We appreciate your visit, and encourage you to learn more about our school.
Dear K.A.P.P.A Parents/Guardians,
As we prepare for this new school year, I would like to make
you aware of a change being implemented for the distribution of Metro Cards to our students.
· Every student who qualifies for a school metro card will be allowed to receive only four metro
cards through this school year.
Students are responsible for the maintenance of their own metro cards. In order to prevent loss, I would like to provide you
with some important tips.
Important tips on how your child can avoid losing his/her metro card:
· Students must always keep their metro cards in a wallet. The wallet should be kept in one of his/her
pocket at all times
· Make sure your child’s name is on the metro card
· Remind your child that after paying his/her bus fair, to place the metro card back in the wallet.
They should then place the wallet in their pocket metro card
· You can buy your child a metro card holder at any 99 cent store
· Students SHOULD NOT place metro cards in book bags because book bags are often left unattended.
They should be placed in front pockets instead of back pockets holding metro cards on their uniform front or
back packets, they are at risk of losing them.
Please be aware that your child will receive only four metro cards throughout the whole school year, two in the fall semester and
two in the spring semester. If they lose either of these cards, they will not receive a third metro card.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime during the school hours at (718) 590-5455
KAPPA (M.S. 215)